A Short Guide to keeping your Braces Clean
Before we get into cleaning braces, let’s discuss what they actually are.
What are braces?
Brace treatment involves using appliances to straighten crooked, crowded or protruding teeth, close gaps between teeth and correct the bite. There are a variety of different orthodontic braces available some of which are fixed, located on the outside or the inside of the teeth, and some that are removable.
One of the most common types of braces is metal braces. So today, we’ll be discussing how to clean those specifically.
How to clean your metal braces
- Then clean the teeth and braces with a toothbrush using small circular motions. Don’t forget to angle the brush towards the gum line.
- While a normal toothbrush is useful for cleaning around the brackets and gum line, an interdental brush is better when cleaning under the wire and between the teeth.
- Finish by brushing the inside and chewing surfaces.
Now we’re not going to just leave that there…
Here are 4 tips to keep your mouth healthy during orthodontic treatment!
- Brush with fluoride toothpaste
- Use interdental devices
- Clean your teeth and braces after each meal
- Use a fluoride rinse to minimise the risk of tooth decay and gum disease
In need of any more assistance? Then please don’t hesitate to get in touch by giving us a ring on 0161 884 1481. Alternatively, you can fill out our form on our website to book an initial consultation for braces.
Make sure to follow us on social media too!
- Tags: Adult braces aftercare following braces aftercare for braces brace cleaning routine braces braces advice braces care braces cleaning braces for adults clean braces cleaning braces cleaning twin block braces how to clean braces interdental cleaning manchester orthodontics Northenden House Orthodontics orthodontic appliance orthodontic appliances orthodontic brackets
- Mohammad Malik