Should I get Lingual Braces?
The desire for a healthy smile currently motivates millions of people across the country to look into orthodontic treatment. For many, however, there is a significant obstacle to seeking treatment. They do not like the look of conventional metal braces. For image conscious teenagers, working professionals, and others who don’t want to draw attention to their dental work in progress, there are plenty of nearly invisible options available. And unsurprisingly, their popularity is growing. So, let's run you through a few pros and cons of lingual braces to help you make a decision.
What are the pros and cons of lingual braces?
- When it comes to braces, lingual braces are without a doubt the best option for “invisible braces” as they are, well, practically invisible
- They can effectively correct bite problems
- Lingual braces are customised to increase your comfort and maximise their efficiency
- Lingual braces may be more expensive than regular braces due to them being a bespoke option.
- As with all braces, they may cause discomfort throughout the first couple of weeks, but this will subside with pain medication.
As you can see, the positives for lingual braces do outweigh the negatives. Plus, lingual braces are one of the best options out there for invisible braces because they are attached to the back of your teeth, therefore will not be as visible as conventional braces.
The best way that you can determine whether lingual braces are the best option for you is to get in touch with Northenden House Orthodontics today on 0161 884 1481 and meet with one of our orthodontists. We can analyse your teeth and recommend the best treatment for you.
- Mohammad Malik